Nebraska Youth Camp Statement of Faith Accepted 2-21-2020
- We believe there is only one God who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, trustworthy and true, without error, Word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe Jesus Christ is God, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death that paid for our sin through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension/rising up to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
(John 1:1; Matthew 1:18,25; Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 9:15-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:27-28)
- We believe that acceptance of Jesus Christ through baptism and the corresponding renewal of the Holy Spirit is the only path to salvation for lost/sinful men and women.
(John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7; Matthew 28:18-20)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives within and guides Christians so they are enabled to live godly lives.
(John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14)
- We believe in eternal life, and that through belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, we spend eternity with the Lord in Heaven. We believe that in rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we receive eternal suffering in hell.
(Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, that all believers are members of His body, the Church.
- We believe God’s design for sexual intimacy is to be expressed only within the context of marriage. God instituted marriage between one man and one woman as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one man and one woman.
(Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
- We believe that God created all human beings in His image and He created them male and female. Therefore, we believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; that we must honor the physical and spiritual needs of all people; following Christ’s example, we believe that every person should be treated with love, dignity and respect.
(Genesis 1:27; Psalms 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
- We believe that godly men are called to fulfill primary leadership roles in the church including serving as elders, deacons and teachers. While we realize that camp is not the church per se, in worship settings men will be called to leadership roles at camp. ( 1 Corinthians 1:3; 1 Corinthians 14:33-34; 1 Timothy 2:12-13; 1 Timothy 3:1-13) 4-23-2023