How long until camp starts?

Mail icon Store icon Wiki icon YouTube icon Facebook icon Twitter icon

tree iconBoard Meeting Minutes



Meeting minutes are added after Board approval. Approval typically occurs at the following meeting.


Board meetings are open to the public, but it is courteous to let us know if you are planning to attend. Check the Midwest Calendar for meeting dates, times, and locations.




This is under construction.

Feb 2015
Dec 2014
Feb 2014
Jan 2014
Oct 2013

Pending Board Approval



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors Meeting June 9, 2012 At camp 1:30 p.m.


Members present: Tim Briggs, Greg Clark, Andrea Leinen, Jonah Leinen, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Judy Pierce, Deena Tandy, Michele Tandy, Jay Towell


Members not present: Theresa Brown, Christian Estaniqui, Eric Tremaine, Kevin Timmerman, Franklin Wood.


Opening prayer by: Tim


Secretary's Report


May's minutes were read to the board by Jake. First: Michele. Second: Jerry. May's meeting minutes accepted as submitted.


YAC Report


No report


Treasurer's Report


Camper's fee have started to come in and the first deposit was made. A check was also deposited for all of the scrap metal Jerry took in for recycling. May's treasurer's report was approved as submitted. First: Deena. Second: Jake. Treasurer's report accepted as submitted


Vice President's Report


No report


President's Report


Greg reviewed with the board the responses obtained at the May 2 nd board meeting brain storming session. All were good responses and the main focus was on serving the children.


Greg reported that the Boy Scouts will be holding their fall retreat out at the camp for a rental cost of $500.00 and 300 man hours of work at the camp. The Boy Scouts will be bringing in port a potties for this retreat.


Greg explained after much prayer the Cornhusker Christian Children's Foundation has made the decision to dissolve and issued a check to the camp in the amount of $116725.00. The board will be looking into the different options in investing the money to continue on the scholarship fund.


Committee Reports


Programs


Request was received to purchase a new camera for the camp, Jake was able to find one for the cost of $129.00. We also received free of change an extended warrantee and an 8 G SD card.


The committee will be ordering a new float line for the lake at the approximate cost of $95.00.


On of the floats on the boat dock has a leak and may be in need of replacement. The committee has recommended purchasing two new floats if they are able to find them on sale


A request regarding the camp rental for the Hinton family reunion. The question was can they bring two little dogs into the camp if they stay in the RV during the reunion. Deena will answer Lane regarding the request including the following points:


  • Dogs will need to be kept in the RV
  • Leashed for potty breaks
  • Dogs must be kept out of all buildings
  • No viscous breed of dogs

Programs committee is working on what the approx cost per session is, they will continue to look at all the different factors and once determined will present their findings to the board.


Deena stated that they will also looking at purchasing a few new life jackets as well as canoe paddles prior to the sessions starting.


Deena reported as of 06/06/12 the session numbers are as follows: Beginner One: Girls 17, Boys 22. Beginner Two: Girls 18, Boys 21. Intermediate One: Girls 41, Boys 25. Intermediate Two: Girls 49, Boys 32. Junior One: Girls 32, Boys 31. Junior Two: Girls 27, Boys 25. Senior One: Girls 33, Boys 28. Senior Two: Girls 29, Boys 27.


Facilities


New waterfront sign has been obtained and will be set up by the Tandy's


Short list of a few things to take care of before camp starts Lists of a the many projects have been completed at project camp


Judy will get a quote from Menards for the "Bailey" boat house and she will also call the city of Kearney regarding their regulations regarding building a boat house


Jerry talked the Broadfoot company about the gravel and found river rock @170.00 per load, we will have a load delivered to see if it will help full in some of the holes in the road.


A new Refrigerator was purchased at approx $600.00, Jared took the old one back to York to see if the old one can be fixed as a back up for the camp or to be sold to defer some of the cost of the new one. Motion made by the committee and a vote was taken. Motion passed


The committee will be setting up a work weekend to get loads of wood chips ready for the Boy Scouts when they our out at the camp and looking for projects.


Committee discussion was held on some of the rental issues, concerning groups cleaning up after they leave if they leave things in a mess. ie: trash and graffiti, the committee will continue to look into this issue.


Promotions


Greg - The committee is working on the next newsletter; plans are to have it out by July. Family camp this year was cancelled due to lack of response. Men's retreat had twelve men this year and was a great time of study and sharing.


Closing prayer by: Tim


Save these dates:


  • August 10th Bellevue
  • September 15th Kearney 5:30 pm - Annual Dinner

Respectfully submitted by: 06/10/2012



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors Meeting May 2nd, 2012 Lincoln church of Christ 7:00 p.m.


Members present: Tim Briggs, Theresa Brown, Greg Clark, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Judy Pierce, Deena Tandy, Michele Tandy, Jay Towell, Eric Tremaine


Members not present: Christian Estaniqui, Andrea Leinen, Jonah Leinen, Kevin Timmerman, Franklin Wood.


Opening prayer by: Tim


Secretary's Report


April minutes reviewed, Judy will submit a finalized T-shirt design to the board per e-mail prior to printing. First: Deena. Second: Tim. February's meeting minutes accepted as submitted.


YAC Report


No report


Treasurer's Report


Not much activity since last month. April treasurer's report was approved as submitted. First: Eric. Second: Tim. Treasurer's report accepted as submitted


Vice President's Report


No report


President's Report


Greg opened the meeting with a brain storming session surrounding the following five questions.


  • What we do at NYC
  • What would we like to do at NYC
  • Why we do what we do at NYC
  • Why do we want to change the bathhouse
  • Why do we need to change the bathhouse

Greg will put together the board's responses to the questions and the results will be submitted with the minutes as an attachment


Committee Reports


Committees all met together and the follow topics were discussed.


Camp Store


report


Fall Boy Scout Rental of the camp Oct 12th-14th 2012


Greg will sign for the group. The group will be camping on the soccer field. A motion was made by Michele to prepare a rental agreement and offer it to the group. Second by Eric, motion carried. Greg and Jerry will work on the camp rental proposal to present to them.


Copier for camp


A copier can be rented by the camp for $50.00 Per month for 3 months. Cost per copy would be 3 cents each Rental price includes maintenance and toner


Closing prayer: Tim


Save these dates:


  • June 9th Kearney 1 pm
  • August 10th Bellevue
  • September 15th Kearney 5:30 pm - Annual Dinner

Respectfully submitted by: Judy Pierce 05/12/12



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors Meeting April 13, 2012 Southwest church of Christ 7:00 p.m.


Members present: Tim Briggs, Greg Clark, Christian Estaniqui, Andrea Leinen, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Deena Tandy, Michele Tandy, Kevin Timmerman, Eric Tremaine, Franklin Wood


Members not present: Theresa Brown, Jay Towell, Jonah Leinen, Judy Pierce


Meeting opened in prayer led by Jerry Munsell


Secretary's Report


Reviewed minutes from March meeting. Addition under Presidents Report. Approval of A/V equipment purchase with approval to spend up to $4,000. Motion by Kevin, 2nd by Christian. Approved. Correction under Programs Report. Jerry was questioned by Deena about new sanitation plant. Motion to approve minutes as amended by Deena. 2nd by Christian. Approved.


YAC Report


Had a good group at the work weekend and everyone worked very hard. New commons area created on the east side of the dining hall. Ridge vent on Chapel. Cleaning. Picked up and hauled lots of Brush.


Treasurer's Report


Reviewed Financial Statement. On April 24th Jerry has an appointment with Buffalo County about keeping out Real Estate Tax Exemption Status. Motion to accept Treasurers Report by Tim, 2nd by Kevin. Approved.


Vice President's Report


Thanks to all who have worked hard to get the camp ready. The will be a sign up list for help needed on the celebration weekend. Shared from John 17:20-26


President's Report


Camp Store - Ratified email vote to approve the expenditure of $750 as seed money to purchase products for the camp store. Approved. Greg shared a list of items they were looking at along with costs and possible selling prices. Discussed how the $750 would only be enough for a few items and would not allow any funds for apparel. Requested addition funds for additional items. Discussed how eventually camp store would become self funding and seed money fund would be paid back. Motion by Kevin to allow an additional $2,300 from Building Funds General Account for seed money for camp store. 2nd by Deena. Approved.


Committee Reports


report


Programs


  • Bed Bug info. Christian to put together a prevention/remediation plan.
  • Shirt Design. Where are we? Greg to contact Judy.
  • Would like to place the lockers that we have in the pump shed to be able to secure some of the activity equipment like the bows and arrows. Jake to look into getting this done.
  • Talked about camp store:
    • Who will be in charge of camp store? Promotions/Programs?
    • Processes and item storage.
    • 1st year, keep it simple. Sell on opening and closing days of sessions.
    • Camp store items are not to be treated like canteen items. No handing out of "free" camp store items. If items are handed out at sessions appropriate funds from Directors expenses to be transferred to camp store account.
    • Need display case. Andrea will check into what she can find.
  • Question was brought up concerning youth who are baptized believers but are attending church with their parents which are not Church of Christ. Can they serve as counselors. Decision to observe the policy as it is written.



Facilities - Jake


  • Landscaping costs came in at $2,086, including to cost of sand for volley ball court
  • A/V equipment installed and almost operational
  • Heaters in staff cabins completed- $11,010
  • Chapel ridge vent installed.
  • Power ventilators installed on bath house.
  • We have three phase exhaust fan for mess hall/chapel. Looking at options or replacing motor or running three phase.
  • Jerry and Mary have added more landscaping fabric and trees to the tree nursery.
  • Looking at the South Picnic shelter and possible uses. Cleaning up to us a shelter of turning into permanent storage.
  • Still working on plans for a foot washing station.
  • Covered walkway by office and canteen - $700
    • Committee recommendation to spend $700 on the covered walkway by office and canteen. Approved.
  • Architect for bath house design - $5,000, $3,500 architect's fee, $1,500 for mechanical/electrical engineers.
    • Committee recommendation to spend $5,000 for bath house plans. Approved.

Promotions - Christian


Ironed out plans for 50th Anniversary Cellebration. Passed around sign up sheets for areas to help in. Went over schedule for the day. If you want a staff cabin room, reserve it with Christian.


Closing prayer: Kevin


Save these dates:


  • April 28th Kearney 50th Anniversary Celebration 11:00 am
  • May 11th Lincoln 7 pm- BBQ Night
  • June 9th Kearney 1:30 pm
  • August 10th Lincoln 7 pm-Picnic Night
  • September 15th Kearney 5:30 pm - Annual Dinner

Respectfully submitted by: Judy Pierce



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors MeetingMarch 2nd, 2012 Council Bluffs church of Christ 7:00 p.m.


Members present: Tim Briggs, Greg Clark, Christian Estaniqui, Andrea Leinen, Jonah Leinen, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Judy Pierce, Deena Tandy, Michele Tandy, Kevin Timmerman, Eric Tremaine, Franklin Wood


Members not present: Theresa Brown, Jay Towell


Opening prayer: ?


Secretary's Report


February minutes approved with the correction as noted: The date for the 50th Anniversary Celebration should read "April 28th, 2012". First: Deena. Second: Kevin. February's meeting minutes accepted as submitted.


YAC Report


T-shirt design has been forwarded on to Judy and she will forward that on to Eclipse for design set up.


Treasurer's Report


Still not much activity since last month. Mary did order 25 Blue Spruce trees. February treasurer's report was approved as submitted. First: Kevin. Second: Michele. Treasurer's report accepted as submitted.


Vice President's Report


Christian read from Colossians 1:15-23.


President's Report


Greg and Eric will continue the "Thank You" tour Sunday, February 11th. Greg will be speaking in Council Bluffs and Eric will be speaking in York at East Hill. Greg is still looking into opportunities to speak in Bellevue, Kearney and Lincoln.


Committee Reports


Programs


  • Regarding the rental agreement- Requirement from DHHS indicate that you would only be required to have a permit if you were a recreational group renting the camp for greater than 48 hours.
    • Eric has obtained a copy of the permit that would be required if the camp were to be rented as such.
  • The question was raised if included in the camp rental price is the use of the tractor:
    • The tractor will be included in the price of rental though it must be driven by a board-approved individual.
    • Any board member is able to approve and issue a tractor license.
  • Jerry questioned what affect the new sanitation plant might have on Turkey creek.
  • Discussion was held on the construction that will be going on 11th streetthis summer. The committee will look into this further.
  • Discussion was held on monies from the Cornhusker funds and a decisionwas made to ask the different session directors of their possible needs.
  • Deena will look into copying costs and of possibly setting up a contract for the summer with a company.

Facilities


  • Further discussion was held on plans for the old bathhouse and building a new bathhouse and where that would be located, etc. The Facilities committee met at camp on February 25th at 11 a.m. to look at different location options.
  • A list of numerous projects was put together and Committee members chose areas that they would like to over see to completion.
  • Upcoming work days:
    • Bill and Andrea will be out at camp the week of May 5th and will be working on various projects.
    • Facilities would like anyone and everyone to come out to the camp on Friday, April 27th to help get things ready for the 50thcelebration the next day.
  • A motion was made by Jake to move the volleyball court from it's current location to an area behind the new dining hall. Once the volleyball area has been relocated and completed the old area will be transformed into further parking. First: Deena. Second: Kevin. The motion was approved.
  • Jerry will call Skein's regarding the dirt work that will need to be completed prior to and after the move.

Promotions


The committee has ironed out the schedule of events for the 50th year ofincorporation celebration that will be held on April 28th out at camp. The celebration will held on April 28th from 11-5. Franklin continues to work on the video for the celebration. Christian will be sending out a volunteer sign up sheet for that day and encourages all to sign up. YAC will help as much as possible in the different stations.


Follow up items for next meeting


  • Phone line - completion
  • Volunteer needs for celebration

Closing prayer: Greg


Save these dates:


  • April 13th Southwest 7 pm
  • April 28th Kearney 50th Anniversary Celebration 11:00 am
  • May 11th Lincoln 7 pm- BBQ Night
  • June 9th Kearney 1 pm
  • August 10th Lincoln 7 pm-Picnic Night
  • September 15th Kearney 5:30 pm - Annual Dinner

Respectfully submitted by: Judy Pierce 03/16/12



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors Meeting February 10th, 2012 Lincoln church of Christ 7:00 p.m.


Members Present: Tim Briggs, Greg Clark, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Judy Pierce, Deena Tandy, Michele Tandy, Eric Tremaine, Franklin Wood Members Not Present: Theresa Brown, Christian Estaniqui, Andrea Leinen, Jonah Leinen, Kevin Timmerman,Jay Towell.


Secretary's Report


January minutes approved as submitted. First: Jerry Second: Jake January's meeting minutes accepted as submitted.


YAC Report


No report


Treasurer's Report


Not much activity since last month. Jerry received a report from Church Mutual (camps insurance company) regarding sexual misconduct and sexual molestation. Jerry will complete the form and submit it. They also have a free staff training DVD, Jerry has requested one to look at to see if it is something we might want to use. January treasurer's report was approved as submitted. First: Jake Second: Franklin Treasurer's report accepted as submitted


Vice President's Report


No Report


President's Report


Greg brought with him a signature form to add his name to the York State bank account. This will be completed and returned to the bank. Greg kicked off his "Thank You" tour Sunday at Omaha SW. Greg hopes to be able to go to other churches in the near future.


Committee Reports


Programs


Deena Jake looked at the website to see what has been set up the link for online applications has been deleted. Discussion was held on issues regarding camp rental. It was decided that each overnight would be considered a camp rental day. A number of other changes will be made on the rental agreement; these will be completed then placed on google docs. Prior to breaking into committee's Deena passed out a draft copy the procedure for staff background checks and of a letter, that would be mailed out to any applicant that would receive a red flag. A motion was made by Deena to use the "protective sports disqualifying" list in its entirety. Second: Judy Motion passed


Facilities


Jake Additional discussion was held on plans for the old bathhouse and building a new bathhouse and where that would be located, etc. Facilities committee is looking forward to meeting at camp on February 25th at 11 a.m. to look at different location options and put together further plans. Jerry mentioned that we had a number if tree branches come down in the last snow. Cleaning up these branches will be looked at in the up coming months.


Promotions


Eric The committee is working on preparations for the 50th year of camp's incorporation celebration that will be held on April 28th at 11:00. Franklin has been working on a video for the celebration. The next NYC newsletter will go out in February.


Old Business


Question regarding where we are at with the new phone line being run to the new mess hall. At this time we have not received the what the final cost would be, Jerry states that they have not returned his phone call as of yet.


Items to follow up on at next meeting in March: Phone line? completion


Closing prayer-Greg


Save these dates:


  • March 2nd Council Bluffs 7pm
  • April 13th Southwest 7 pm
  • May 11th Lincoln 7 pm- BBQ Night

Respectfully submitted by Judy Pierce 02/11/12



Nebraska Youth Camp Board of Directors Meeting January 20th, 2012 Bellevue church of Christ 7:00 p.m.


Members Present: Tim Briggs, Greg Clark, Christian Estaniqui ,Andrea Leinen, Jonah Leinen, Jake Munsell, Jerry Munsell, Judy Pierce, Michele Tandy, Kevin Timmerman ,Eric Tremaine, Franklin Wood


Members Not Present: Theresa Brown, Deena Tandy, Jay Towell


Opening prayer: Franklin


Secretary's Report


December minutes approved as submitted. First: Kevin Second: Franklin Minutes accepted as submitted


YAC Report


14 of the YAC group got together and held a retreat at the Council Bluffs church of Christ. T-shirt designs for the 2012 camp session were discussed. The basic concept is hands crossed filled with dirt in the palms with a small green plant growing out of the soil, the back of the t-shirt will have the scripture. Jonah will forward on to Judy the YAC's concept of the t-shirt. Judy will then forward this on to the graphic artist at Eclipse. YAC discussed ideas for this years camp sign. They will finalize this at their next meeting. YAC has also presented three ideas for possible projects this year. YAC will go forward with further planning with the Bailey and Nichols family on building a bridge to the island. YAC's next meeting will be held at the Council Bluffs church of Christ on March 2-3rd.


Treasurer's Report


December treasurer's report was approved as submitted. First: Kevin Second: Franklin Treasurer's report accepted as submitted


Vice President's Report


Christian read Luke 10:38- he mentioned even though we do good work we sometimes forget that God is among us and that we should listen to him through those preparations. "That he is always with us"


President's Report


Greg handed out flyers for the upcoming camp sessions for 2012. Greg will put these online for us to print out to post in our churches, etc. Discussion was held on current camper fees and last year's shortfall. The board will look at current camper fees later on this year. Last year's shortfall will be covered by funds we already have. Discussion was held on possibly encouraging families to have memorial monies placed in the general fund vs having monies being earmarked for special projects. Discussion was held on designing a simple plaque for memorials. Remembering the gift, this would be placed in a very visible area. A plaque in remembrance of Inez V. will placed in the ice machine.


Committee Reports


Programs


Jonah - Online campers registration discussion was tabled this meeting due to Deena's absence. Jake will take a look at the website to see what has been set up and where the completed applications are going. T-shirt ideas were discussed again and board approved the tentative design by a unanimous nod. Discussion was held on where the Criminal background check was located. Link is located on the bottom of the staff application form.


Facilities


Jake - Infrared heaters have been ordered for cabins as previously discussed. Discussion was held on plans for the old bathhouse and building a new bathhouse and where that would be located. Facilities committee will meet at camp on February 25th at 11 a.m. to look at different location options. Jake talked with York college and they no longer have soccer goals to give the camp.


Promotions


Christian - This is camps 50th year of incorporation, promotions would like to highlight this with a celebration out at the camp on April 28th at 11:00; lunch will be served. A save the date flyer will be mailed out this week, this celebration will be featured in our next newsletter. Churches will be contacted with script to place in church bulletins as well as a personal invitations will be mailed out to past board members. Franklin has agreed to produce a video for the celebration and Greg will narrate. Promotions will also offer a variety of things to do at the celebration, some of the ideas are a bounce house and face painting. The next NYC newsletter is scheduled to go out Feb 15th. Greg will be going out to the different churches again. His message will be "Thank you for supporting NYC..." tours starts on Feb 5th at the Southwest church.


Old Business


Question regarding where we are at with the new phone line being run to the new mess hall. At this time we have not received the what the final cost would be. A motion was made if over $300.00 it would be sent out per e-mail for a board vote. First-Jake Second-Kevin


Follow up items for next meeting


  • Eric or Jake will have legal council review rental agreement.
  • Phone line ? completion

Closing prayer-Jerry


Save these dates:


  • Feb 10th Lincoln 7 pm - Italian Night
  • March 2nd Council Bluffs 7pm
  • April 13th Southwest 7 pm
  • May 11th Lincoln 7 pm- BBQ Night

Respectfully submitted by: Judy Pierce 01/22/12



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.



These mintes can be viewed on our Wiki. Please bear with us as we migrate data from the Wiki to the website.